Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


It's now January 1, 2009 and Connor and I have done absolutly nothing. And it was kind of nice. We were both asleep before the ball dropped. I have some "intentions" instead of resolutions this year. So I took some time today to write them down. Hopefully, I can stick to them. The next major task I must tackle is getting our new carpet. I have it all picked out and ordered. However, I am puting it off because I don't want to clean out all 3 bedrooms and closets. UGH! So during the month of January, I will be cleaning and going through things that we probably don't need anymore and throwing ALOT of things away! Another one is to cook more at home. It is really hard to cook a good, healthy meal for 1 person, so I bought a new freezer that sits in our garage. I am cooking meals several times a week and freezing them in my new freezer. This is allowing me to actually see what's in there instead of digging constantly in a freezer chest. It really is making life easier. And, I can stockpile all of Connor and Ray's favorite things. Another is to take time out for myself. I am starting by hiring a cleaning lady. This will save me time and stress. It's just getting harder and harder to clean after a very energetic little boy. So, with these things I hope to make some progress!

Ray and I have been talking about twice a week and we email everyday. He had today off and spent most of it sleeping and going to the gym. He is eagerly counting down the days until he is home on r&r. He is really enjoying all the great things that people have sent him. I was told to say thank you to everybody.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: