Sunday, April 26, 2009

Time Out!!

Well, it finally happened. I put myself in time out. Connor and I have been butting heads for the last couple of weeks and it was really getting to both of us. So I called my mom and told her that she and my dad would be getting a visitor this weekend. I have had the most glorious weekend. I know that I am not coming off as "Mom of the Year" here, but this break was just what we needed. He wasn't listening to me anymore, he was laughing when I tried to punish him, etc.
I was able to go to the grocery store by myself, to shop for clothes without anyone oprning the door midway through me changing, and I gotto hang out with some friends without having to pay for a babysitter! And most important, I got to sleep in. I am revived and I mught just make it now!

Here is a picture of Connor. My parents took him to the Ft. Worth Zoo and he had a blast.

2 comments:

texasmacks said...

we all need to put ourselves in time out every now and then! I sure did last week! Good for you to take some time for yourself!

Andrea said...

Awesome! Good for you!
Now we can all have some together time on Wednesday at Dos Salsas! I can't wait.