Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gingerbread House

I have to be honest. I hate these things. They break, the icing is too thick, there is never enough candy, etc. But none the less, we buy one every year. This is our second one. Why you ask? Because the first one we bought was cracked. Point made. I started it off while Connor was off doing something else hoping that it would set enough for him to get started. Not a bad start! 
 So I thought to myself, maybe I should try to make this just like the one on the box. HA! I tried but it was really frustrating! Here's the result of my "artwork".
We're almost there! It's starting to sort of look like the box! I may just pull this off!!
The roof wa sactually the easiest part. I was doing all of the icing and Connor was starting to get slightly irritated. Apparantly, he wanted to do it. Who knew?
See? I'm letting go and letting him take over. He actually did a great job piping the windows.
Georgeous people! I love the way it turned out! Although, the next morning there was some candy missing. I wonder what happened? Darn dogs! :)

<><><><>
He's one proud little guy!



No comments: